The Extensions are separate, topical workshops individually organized at academic institutions in a variety of European cities.
They are aimed at furthering the scientific debate on a specific topic in smaller workshop-type settings. The Extensions represent opportunities for attendees of the main SMS conference in Prague to share and discuss emerging ideas in an interesting and enjoyable setting. They are open to be attended by additional local scholars and will offer opportunities to establish or develop collaborations with other scholars. These one-day workshops will take place at a local university and will be held before and after the SMS Annual International Conference. Each will include coffee breaks and a group luncheon. Information and assistance might be provided for accommodation and travel, but participants will be responsible for these elements on their own.
Upfront registration will be required to allow planning. A registration fee of US$ 105 per participant will be charged per workshop day to cover expenses. For registrations after September 24 the fee increases to US$ 155. SMS members receive a $20 reduction.
Extension 1: Dresden/Freiberg, Germany – Friday, October 5, 2012
- Freiberg University
- Corporate Strategy - The Future of Managing Multi-Business Firms
Extension 2: Linz, Austria – Thursday, October 4 and Friday, October 5, 2012
- Cruise on the Danube River
- Tapping into Pockets of Knowledge: Global Knowledge Acquisition, Ambidexterity and Organizational Transitions
- Tina Claudia Ambos, Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Wolfgang H Guettel, Johannes Kepler University Linz
Extension 3: Rotterdam, Netherlands – Friday, October 5, 2012
- Erasmus University, Rotterdam School of Management
- Strategy and Institutions
- Pursey Heugens, Erasmus University - Rotterdam
- Justin Jansen, Erasmus University - Rotterdam
- Taco Reus, Erasmus University - Rotterdam
- Arjen Slangen, Erasmus University - Rotterdam
Extension 4: Vilnius, Lithuania – Thursday, October 11, 2012
- ISM University of Management and Economics
- Strategic Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Transitioning Post-Socialist Economies
Extension 5: Ostrava, Czech Republic – Thursday, October 11, 2012
- Ostrava Business School
- Industry Transformation and Renewal Strategies
Prague, Czech Republic (Affiliated Event) – Wednesday, October 10 2012
Our local partner, the Czech Society for Strategic Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CSSMIE), will be hosting a Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum in Prague directly after our conference. For more information regarding this event, please click here.